Monday, July 20, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog about assessment in education. I am currently working towards a Post Graduate Diploma in Educational Leadership at the University of Waikato. As part of one of my papers I have been asked to keep a blog about assessment for the duration of the course. Over the next ten weeks I will be reflecting on my learning about educational assessment. I intend to share my thoughts, ideas and wonderings about assessment. Please feel free to contribute your ideas, I would love to hear your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karla
    Really hoping to get your view about assessment issues in here and it will be great if you are able to view your assessment issues through the lens of restorative practices which I know you studied first semester. I'm not sure if there will be a crossover but I feel there will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bill

    You are right, there seems to be a cross over with restorative practices. Especially formative assessment which to be effective requires good relationships. Restorative practices have postivie relationships at the centre. It would be really beneficial to use both formative assessment practices and restorative justice practices together as they complement each other to improve outcomes for children. That way you would also be giving children the consistent message that positive realtionships are important.

    ReplyDelete