Saturday, August 22, 2009

Developing children's assessment capabilities.

Thanks for your feedback Greg. I think that the key in your statements is the word we. It sounds like your school is all on the same page. I think if we are to develop children's assessment capabilities it needs to be school wide. It would be very difficult for a teacher if they tried to do this on their own. It needs to be something which all staff value so that each year skills can be built on. We all need to show that it is important and valued so that children don't get mixed messages. I believe that a whole school approach would far more successful than one teacher going it alone.

1 comment:

  1. Yes I agree with you, it is all about we.
    I have also been reading another book by Anne Davies and developing the we takes time but continued discussion and following AfL processes that show staff it is of benefit for them as well.
    A whole school approach is far more beneficial but you need to have a few key personnel who are able to support and model the key objectives.

    ReplyDelete